Cleaning the oven is never a pleasant job, but it’s a satisfying feeling when it’s bright and sparkling again. Here’s a cheap and effective way to clean your oven, with minimal fuss and optimum results.
You will need:
- A spray bottle
- Baking soda
- A rag/cloth
- A small bowl
- Remove all trays and racks from the oven.
- Mix a couple of spoons of baking soda with some water in the bowl until it forms into a paste that is easily spreadable.
- Spread the paste over the oven, focusing on the grimy bits – it should turn a brown colour.
- Leave the paste to work its magic overnight. It’ll require at least 12 hours.
- After the 12 hours is up, take a wet rag and clean off as much of the baking powder as possible.
- Add some vinegar to the spray bottle and spray over the areas where the paste is still visible.
- Use the wet rag/cloth to wipe away the vinegar.
- Place the racks back in the oven and put your appliance on a low temperature for 15 minutes to dry out.
- To clean the oven window, apply the same mix of paste and leave for 30 minutes. Wipe away for amazing results.